DIY Paper Mache Easter Nest Bowl
- White Glue or Modge Podge
- Plastic wrap
- Sponge brush, paint brush (optional)
- Newspaper, packing paper, paper towels
- Bowl (to use as a mold)
- Brown acyrilic paint and paintbrush
- Black marker or paint and detail paintbrush
1. Flip a bowl over on a baking tray so that it is upside down and cover it with plastic wrap.
2. Tear newspaper into medium sized strips or sections.
3. Pour some glue in a bowl or plastic cup. Thin with water.
4. Coat individual strips of paper with watery glue and lay over the inverted bowl mold. Overlap strips in a crisscross pattern until the entire bowl is covered. Let the frilly edges lay on the baking sheet,
5. Allow the paper to harden and dry. This can take a few hours or up to overnight.
6. Using some brown paint, sloppily paint the inside and outside of the paper nest.
7. Using black paint or a black marker, draw lines around the nest simulating twigs and vines. You can trim the frilly edges, add a handle or leave it as is.
8. Fill your nest with eggs or goodies!